More than 40 custodian banks already connected with our software
To date, we have created interfaces with over 20 custodian banks, thanks to our expertise and flexibility in processing any type of banking data flow.
The advantages and efficiency of a banking interface
By interfacing with your custodian banks, you can achieve the highest levels of operating process efficiency and automation. Users will be able to check every day, at their convenience, all the trades, transactions, commissions and positions for each portfolio, as recorded by the custodian bank, and to align and verify all portfolios in a matter of minutes.
What if your custodian banks are not in the list?
No problem. Every year we create new interfaces at the customers’ request. One of our strengths is the ability to create a new interface via FIX, SWIFT, or other protocols in just 15 days. Of course, with Guardian you can manage and add to portfolios for which there is no interface with the custodian bank, by entering trades manually.
- Maximum flexibility in reclassifying the assets held in a portfolio according to different classification levels (asset class, type of security, currency, geographic area, industry sector, risk, credit rating, maturity, or according to the user’s own classifications), in order to view and print portfolio reports according to the preferred breakdown.
- Real-time valuation of any listed instrument through a link to your financial information provider (Bloomberg, Reuters, Six financial information), to obtain a real-time assessment of total assets and performance.. Valuations can be obtained for unlisted instruments as well, through data fed from bank flows or manually.
- Enter trades quickly and obtain the complete data of any new security (over 100 dynamic and static fields) in a few seconds: all you need is the Bloomberg Ticker or ISIN code.
- Pre-compliance check of all trades entered and real-time verification of regulatory limits in accordance with the prospectus or the management mandate.
- Quick search for historical trades, current account or portfolio movements at any past date.
- Performance contribution and attribution analysis according to different levels of aggregation (asset classes, types of securities, product category, industry sector, currency etc.), down to the exact contribution of each security.
- Rebalancing of groups of portfolios according to an ideal portfolio, with automatic creation of all adjustment trades.
- Generation of cumulative purchase, sale, or currency exchange orders, or to rebalance the weight of a security contained in multiple portfolio, all from a simple processing window.
- Ability to consolidate multiple portfolios into a consolidated portfolio from which it will be possible to extract all information, performance contribution analyses, reports and queries, also based on different base currencies.
- Querying and automatic generation of trades related to securities cash flow (coupons, dividends, redemptions), corporate actions, expiry and exercise of options, futures and forwards.
- All portfolios, processed data and reports can always be exported to Excel and PDF, also according to specific layouts (e.g.: Bloomberg Port)
Real-time calculation of the NAV per share of the main asset class and secondary asset classes (up to 12 currency, hedged and institutional classes), with details on the number of shares and total assets for each class.
The software can be set to calculate automatically management fees, performance fees and any other type of cost, for an accurate calculation of the estimated NAV and effective monitoring of the fees charged by the custodian bank.
Automatic completion of the brokers’ and/or custodian bank’s trading commissions, with a high level of configuration flexibility according to different parameters (portfolio, counterparty, market, type of instrument, etc.)
Trade Blotter to check the status of orders placed on the market and/or recorded in Guardian.
Following the pre-compliance check, possibility to trade electronically via FIX directly with brokers and/or via Bloomerg, to execute orders with maximum security and speed.
Automatic receipt of trade executions through Bloomberg Dropcopy, EMSX, even in the case of orders placed by telephone.
Calculation of portfolio VAR and all key risk indicators.
- With Guardian FIX Blotter you can trade in equities, bonds, options, futures, CFD and Forex directly with the market, with any broker in the world.
- Orders are sent electronically via Bloomberg platform (EMSX, TSOX), and/or through a dedicated connection with your brokers (FIX, SWIFT, XML, etc.), with all the main parameters, price and time of the order.
- Quick entry of trades and automatic completion of transaction fees.
- Real-time verification of all limits, blocks and restrictions set on a portfolio and/or security, to guarantee total safety in executing the order.
Guardian is a Bloomberg certified software application for the EMSX Staging and EMSX NET platform.
Automatic receipt of trade executions from brokers flow and/or via Bloomberg Dropcopy, even in the case of orders placed by telephone, through passive feeding of your Guardian software.
Algorithmic trading strategies have been developed for several customers, based on the customer’s specifications, to allow the automatic submission of trades to the market in response to signals generated by the strategy.
- When a transaction is entered, the user is immediately informed whether the transaction is compliant according to all the limits and restrictions set for that portfolio.
- Check on all regulatory, prospectus, mandate or discretionary limits set for the portfolio. Possibility for the user to set any type of limit to ensure maximum safety of all trades and to monitor in real time the exposure for each limit. A sample of the first page of the limit check report is provided below. For each limit, check section with details of all the securities included in the calculation. For each order entered, a document is created and saved in a digital database, non-editable by the user, which summarizes all the data relating to the entered trade and the outcome of the pre-compliance check.
- The customer can define and profile each user’s permissions if the trade is found to be “not compliant”. Automatic jobs can be created so that, in case of non-compliant transaction, a notice is sent immediately to the risk manager and/or other users, who may authorize trade execution.
- Check on all the limits set to all portfolios or groups of portfolios from a simple viewing window, in real time or at a past date.
Specific portfolio risk analysis reports (concentration risk, liquidity risk, etc.) and stress tests.
Calculation of VAR and key synthetic indicators (volatility, Sharpe ratio, alpha, skewness, kurtosis, etc.)
Calculation of limits according to the committed approach and VAR approach.
Automatic setting of all UCITS and AIFMD regulatory limits, updated in accordance with the latest regulatory requirements.
Set up of all prospectus limits for each fund; each type of limit can be set with different levels of complexity and depth.
Real-time monitoring of all limits on all funds, from a single viewing window, with alerts instantly displayed and/or sent via email or text, in case of warning or limit exceeded.
Examples of standard reports, broken down by type, are provided below to give an idea of the graphic and processing potential of the Guardian software. All these reports are generated automatically, and as in the case of fact sheets, they can be set to be sent by email to a mailing list, in up to five different languages.
- Automatic receipt of banking flows for daily reconciliation of the positions of securities, current accounts, transactions, commissions and cash flow. Each Guardian will highlight the trades and portfolios that are mismatched compared to the data received from the Bank, in order to identify unjustified differences between Guardian’s and the bank’s position.
- Automatic update of the securities database through your financial provider (Bloomberg, Reuters, Six Financial Information, other), so as to always have a securities and portfolio valuation calculated independently by Guardian for comparison against the bank’s valuation.
- For each portfolio, automatic generation of trades relating to dividends, coupons, redemptions and corporate transactions.
- Automatic generation of option exercises and assignments according to market specifications (cash delivery, future delivery, out/in the money).
Guardian calculates the NAV of funds and the value per share for each class, and then compares it to the official NAV and checks any unjustified differences.
Automatic receipt of trade executions through Bloomberg Dropcopy, EMSX, or other broker generated data flow, to automatically update the details of executed transactions (commissions, execution price etc.)
The end-of-day trade summary file is structured and sent automatically to the custodian bank in accordance with the specifications requested by the counterparty (email, FTP, SFTP, encrypted file, etc.)
The Settlement Instructions (SSI) of all executed trades entered in the software are automatically generated and sent according to counterparty, type of security, market, currency, etc. defined in a specific system table.
Daily calculation of management fees, performance fees (absolute, HWM, Hurdle rate), and any other costs charged to the funds.
Automatic calculation of commissions to be paid back according to investors’ subscriptions and redemptions and according to the agreed commission percentage to be paid back. Transfers of shares can be automatically associated with each investor through automatic flow with the transfer agent.
Automatic calculation of management and performance fees for each portfolio, and automatic invoice generation.
Portfolio profitability analysis report (ROA) with breakdown of all types of direct and indirect commissions collected, searchable according to different levels of aggregation (by bank, manager, line, etc.).
Automatic calculation of commissions to be paid back to third parties according to assets contributed.
Automatic calculation of commissions to be collected from funds or third-party counterparties.
You have the opportunity to outsource to Swiss-Rev all of your company’s back and middle office activities: we guarantee highly professional services and a partner who will effectively support your asset management business.
Thanks to investments in process automation and digitization, Swiss-Rev can provide this service at a very competitive price.
Management of all information and documents relating to the involved parties and portfolios, with an encrypted digital archive for uploading all associated documents (PDF, Word, Excel and other formats).
Quick query and extraction of all the information related to a party and/or a portfolio.
Option to allow only certain Guardian users to access and/or edit data in this section.
MIFID II target markets risk profile calculation and automatic completion of your management mandate, client profiles and customized forms, so that the printout of the document is already filled in and ready to be signed.
CRM section with special windows to document the meeting with the client, with the possibility to upload attached documents and alerts and reminders on dates set by the user.
Automatic extraction and reports of unusual cash movements for anti-money-laundering, with the possibility to attach documents and comments to justify the transaction. Automatic generation of alert emails with attached details of the unusual movement.
Automatic reporting to supervisory bodies according to the specific formats required (Consob, Bank of Italy, FINMA, etc.).
Automatic calculation of the commissions paid by the client and automatic invoice generation.
The sensitive information contained in the Guardian database is encrypted for an even higher level of security.
Designed and developed to be used in a networked environment (both Intranet and Internet). Particularly suitable for installation in geographically distributed environments, to allow the different users located outside your company headquarters to be connected and operate in real-time.
Possibility to determine for each user which portfolios they can view, what they can do (view only, edit some data, access certain sections, etc.), and to set up a customized menu. Possibility to determine permission levels depending on the role (manager, back office, risk advisor, end customer, other).
Updates are released automatically under maximum security conditions, based on scheduled nightly processing on the server, which retrieves via the Internet, through SFTP protocol, the most recent version and applies the updates to the database, without the need for an operator.